EPCB Boiler is a professional boiler manufacturer in China. Focus on industrial boiler production and sales for 68 years. Our main products are coal-fired boilers, oil gas boilers, biomass boilers, electric boilers, and power plant boilers.
Water hammer refers to the phenomenon that the flow rate changes suddenly and the pressure fluctuates greatly due to the sudden opening and closing of the valve or the sudden start and stop of the water pump during the transportation of water or other liquids. It's like a lot of people lining up to run, and the person in front suddenly stops, and the person behind will bump into the person in front.
The sudden closing of the valve or sudden stop of the water pump will cause subsequent water flow to hit the valve or water pump.
The sudden opening of a valve or a water pump can also cause water hammer.
When a sudden power failure or other reasons cause the water pump to stop suddenly, the water pump and the pressure pipeline cause the pressure rise and fall due to the sudden change of the flow rate.
1. The valve suddenly opens or closes;
2. The water pump stops or starts suddenly;
3. A single pipe delivers water to high places (the height difference of the water supply terrain exceeds 20 meters);
4. The total pump head (or working pressure) is large;
5. The water velocity in the water pipeline is too high;
6. The water pipeline is too long and the terrain changes greatly.
7. Irregular construction is a hidden danger in water supply pipeline engineering
8. The production of cement thrust piers such as tees, elbows, reducers, and other nodes does not meet the requirements.
1. Cause the pipeline to vibrate strongly and disconnect the pipeline joint;
2. Destroy the valve, severely high pressure causes the pipeline to burst, and the pressure of the water supply network is reduced;
3. On the contrary, if the pressure is too low, it will cause the collapse of the pipe and damage the valve and fixings;
4. Cause the water pump to reverse, damage the equipment or pipelines in the pump room, seriously cause the pump room to be submerged, cause personal injury and other major accidents, affect production and life.
1. Increase the pipe diameter.
2. Reduce the length of the water pipeline.
3. Choose a reasonable pump head according to local actual conditions. To
4. After stopping the pump in an accident, start the pump after the pipeline is full of water after the check valve. To
5. Do not open the pump outlet valve fully when starting the pump, otherwise, it will cause a big water shock.
The frequency conversion speed control of the pump is carried out, and the operation of the entire water supply system is automatically controlled. Through the detection of the pressure of the pipe network, the feedback control of the opening, stopping and speed adjustment of the water pump, controlling the flow rate, and maintaining the pressure at a certain level, can be controlled by The microcomputer sets the water supply pressure of the pump and maintains the constant pressure water supply to avoid excessive pressure fluctuations and reduce the probability of water hammer.
This equipment mainly prevents water hammer when the pump is stopped and is generally installed near the outlet pipe of the water pump to balance the pressure of the local pipe and prevent the impact of water hammer on the equipment and pipes.
It can effectively eliminate the water hammer when the pump is stopped, but because a certain amount of water flows back when the valve is operating, the suction well must have an overflow pipe. Disadvantages: When there is a hump in the pipeline to bridge the water hammer, the effect of the slow closing check valve is very limited.
In the long water pipeline, one or more check valves are added to divide the water pipeline into several sections. The disadvantages are: increased power consumption of the water pump during normal operation and increased water supply costs.
Preventing the water hammer effects can effectively protect the boiler system. Make the boiler system operation more stable. If you can tell us while using the boiler system, EPCB Boiler can help you answer.
EPCB Horizontal Fire Tube Oil Gas Fired Steam Boiler
Boiler Type: Horizontal Fire Tube Oil Gas Fired Steam Boiler Capacity: 0.5~20T/h Pressure: 0.7MPa, 1.0MPa, 1.25MPa, 1.6MPa, 2.0MPa, 2.5MPa Fuel: Diesel, Natural Gas, LPG, Heavy Oil, Fuel Oil, Biogas, Coke Oven Gas, Methane Gas, etc.More
EPCB Industrial Gas Fired Hot Water Boiler
Boiler Type: Industrial Gas Fired Hot Water Boiler Capacity: 0.7~14MW Pressure: 0.7~2.5MPa Fuel: Diesel, Light Oil, Heavy Oil, Natural Gas, LPG, CNG, LNG, Fuel Oil, Furnace Oil, Biogas, etc.More
EPCB Industrial Most Efficient Electric Steam Boiler
Boiler type:Industrial Electric Steam Boiler Capacity: 50~500kg/h Pressure: 0.4 MPa~0.7 MPa Application: Food Factory, Candy Factory, Knitting Mill,More
EPCB Double Drums Chain Grate Water Tube Coal Fired Steam Boiler
Boiler Type:Double Drums Chain Grate Water Tube Coal Fired Steam Boiler Capacity: 1~20T/h Pressure: 1.0 ~ 2.5 MPa Fuel: Bituminous Coal, Soft Coal, Anthracite, Lignite, Poor Coal, etc.More
User: Candy plant Project site: Uzbekistan Rated steam capacity: 6T/h Rated working pressure: 1.25MPa Fuel: Natural gas
User: Paper mil Project region: Yangon, Myanmar Rated steam capacity: 4T/h Rated working pressure: 1.25MPa Fuel: Wood
User: Chemical Fiber Plant Project site: Manila, Philippines Rated steam capacity: 4 Ton/h Rated working pressure: 1.6MPA Fuel: Gas
Send You Inquiry
Give You Boiler Solution
Place The Order
Get Your Boiler