EPCB Boiler is a professional boiler manufacturer in China. Focus on industrial boiler production and sales for 68 years. Our main products are coal-fired boilers, oil gas boilers, biomass boilers, electric boilers, and power plant boilers.
If your industrial steam boiler has various faults frequently when it is in operation. There are two main reasons: 1. The boiler itself; 2. The boiler is used improperly. No matter what the problem is since it has happened, it always needs to be solved. In order to prevent you from stopping production due to boiler failure when you use an industrial steam boiler, EPCB Specially summarized the reasons for 9 common malfunctions in industrial steam boilers in operation and gave corresponding solutions.
1. The boiler lacks water
2. The boiler full of water
3. Boiler overpressure
4. Steam and water together
5. Secondary combustion of the flue duct
6. Abnormal flameout
7. Furnace tube explosion
8. The safety valve leaks
9. Low boiler steam pressure
Lack of water in the boiler will expose the drum to the flame without water protection. The damage to the boiler is very serious, and it may cause the boiler to explode in severe situations. The most serious common malfunction in industrial steam boilers.
1.There is a problem with the water level monitoring.
2.The water level gauge indicates incorrectly and false water level appears, causing the wrong operation;
3.The water source is interrupted, the feedwater pump fails or the feedwater pump pipeline fails;
4.The blowdown valve is malfunctioning or forgets to close; the pressure part of the boiler is broken and leaking.
1.You need to immediately cut off the fuel supply and stop the boiler operation.
2.Check the water supply in time. If there is a problem with the water pump, replace the water pump in time.
3.Check whether the water level gauge is damaged and the reading is wrong. The "called water method" is usually used. "Calling Water Method" tutorial.
4. Install a water level sensor, which can intelligently supplement water according to the water level. a high degree of automation. Recommended using.
A boiler full of water will cause a large amount of moisture in the steam, which may cause water shock in the steam pipeline, reduce steam quality, affect normal steam supply, and reduce boiler thermal efficiency. In severe situations, the superheater tube will accumulate and the steam equipment will be damaged.
1. There is a problem with the water level monitoring.
2. The water level gauge indicates incorrectly and false water level appears, causing misoperation;
3. The water supply pump fails and the water supply cannot be stopped;
1.You need to immediately cut off the fuel supply and stop the boiler operation;
2.Check the water supply in time. If there is a problem with the water pump, replace the water pump in time.
3. Check whether the water level gauge is damaged and the reading is wrong. The "called water method" is usually used. "Calling Water Method" tutorial.
4.Open the drain valve and quickly drain to the normal water level.
5. After the treated water level is normal, you can resume normal combustion.
Boiler overpressure will have a great impact on the boiler body. Damage the welding between the drum and the flue pipe or water pipe. Makes the boiler welds cracked, Cause water leakage. In severe situations, the boiler may explode. It is the most serious of the common malfunctions of industrial steam boilers.
1. When the load decreases, there is no response to weakening the combustion;
2. The safety valve fails, making the exhaust steam capacity insufficient;
3. The pressure gauge tube is blocked and frozen; the pressure gauge indicates the pressure is incorrect and does not reflect the true pressure of the boiler.
1. Control boiler fuel supply and combustion intensity according to boiler load conditions.
2. Check the safety valve regularly and replace it if there is a problem.
3. It is recommended to use an electric contact pressure gauge to link with the electric control box to intelligently control the boiler pressure. Save you a lot of trouble.
4.If the pressure continues to rise, the furnace should be shut down immediately.
It will cause a large amount of moisture in the steam, which may cause water shock in the steam pipeline, reduce the steam quality, affect the normal steam supply, and reduce the thermal efficiency of the boiler. In severe situations, superheater tubes will accumulate and steam equipment will be damaged.
1. Long-term boiler feed water quality is poor, boiler water has increased salt content or contains grease,
2. The degree of blowdown during boiler operation is insufficient, and the boiler water alkalinity is too large,
3. The load increases too much and too quickly;
4. The boiler water level is too high and the main steam valve opens too fast.
1.Use better water treatment, if it is ion exchange resin, it needs to be replaced regularly. Test the PH value of the water supply regularly.
2. Reasonably control the degree of blowdown, and appropriately strengthen the degree of continuous blowdown.
3. If the boiler load needs to be increased, it needs to be increased slowly.
4. To better control the boiler water level, the main steam valve needs to be opened slowly.
The pressure in the fire tube is unstable, resulting in deflagration, causing damage to the internal structure of the boiler.
1. The air volume in the combustion chamber is too large, and the fuel is brought into the flue duct with the flue gas;
2. Improper operation of ignition or shutdown, and a large number of combustibles accumulated in the flue duct;
1. You need to stop the furnace immediately
2. You need to close the smokebox door and ventilation is strictly prohibited.
3. Adjust the air volume of the fan to achieve the best air volume.
4. Slowly ignite and shut down the furnace. Before ignition, the furnace and flue duct must be clean up.
5. Equipped with fire extinguishing agent and fire extinguisher. Note: It is strictly forbidden to extinguish the fire using fire extinguishing agents, water, etc. in the furnace.
It will cause fuel wasting. Before re-ignition, the furnace needs to be cleaned, which is a serious waste of fuel.
1.The air pressure drops too low or the air pressure drops suddenly to zero;
2.The blower has tripped, the power supply is interrupted, and the operation is improper;
3.The moisture content in the gas is too large, and there is a lot of condensed water in the pipeline,
4.If the gas valve is damaged, it will automatically shut down, causing no flame detection and abnormal flameout.
1. You need to immediately cut off the fuel suppling, close the electromagnetic valve, and then close the fuel supply valve of each operating burner.
Note: Actions must be fast when operating, so as not to cause the furnace to explode when the fuel continues or the supply is restored;
2. Check whether the burner air supply, ignition, and other devices are malfunctioning.
3. Check the fuel quality.
4. Before re-ignition, clean up the furnace, and the time should be more than 5 minutes.
It will cause serious damage to the boiler body, resulting in water leakage and unavailability.
1. Poor water quality causes scaling or corrosion of furnace tubes;
2. The boiler lacks water.
3. The boiler itself has design defects, insufficient material strength, and poor welding quality.
1. Stop the furnace for the first time.
2. You need to make proper compression adjustments according to the pressure parameters of the safety valve until no steam leakage.
3. Use the boiler after reaching the normal water level.
4. Carefully inspect the damage to the explosion site, and formulate maintenance measures based on the inspection.
5. Choose a boiler brand with better quality when purchasing.
It will cause the boiler steam pressure and steam quality to decrease, which will affect the quality of the product.
1. The performance of the spring decreases, the spring is misaligned, and the pressure is weakened to cause leakage;
2. The sealing surface of the safety valve is exposed, causing the sealing surface to wear.
3. The ambient temperature in the boiler room is too high, causing the spring force to drop.
4. The medium scouring causes damage to the joint surface and leaks the safety valve.
1.You need to debug, repair, and replace the spring regularly to ensure the performance of the spring.
2. You need to grind, grind, and heat the sealing surface to restore the original state of the sealing surface;
3. For the safety valve with a small leakage, you need to repair the defect,
4. For large leakage, you need to replace a new safety valve.
The steam quality will be affected and the product quality will be affected.
1. The amount of steam sent out exceeds the rated evaporation;
2. Leakage of pipeline valves;
3. Problems with fuel supply lead to strong and weak combustion;
4. The boiler's heat transfer has changed due to serious Scaling;
5. The boiler feedwater temperature is too low.
6. Leakage of check valve, safety valve, pressure relief valve, drain valve, etc.;
1. If the boiler supply steam cannot meet the production requirements, it is recommended to purchase another boiler.
2. You need to stop the furnace to check (internal, arch wall, fire cement) whether there is any leakage,
3. Replace the corresponding parts in time to prevent the leakage from expanding.
4. Choose the right fuel. Ensure sufficient fuel supply. It is recommended to reserve some spare fuel.
5. Ensure the quality of boiler feed water, and perform boiler blowdown regularly. Clean the inside of the drum regularly and ensure it is clean.
6. Install an economizer to increase the boiler feedwater temperature.
7. Regularly check the valves of the boiler system. Ensure normal use.
Judging from the article, the use of boilers can't be separated from regular maintenance.
boiler Regular maintenance can effectively reduce boiler malfunctions, especially for industrial steam boilers. If there is a problem with the boiler, this will have a great impact on your production.
If you encounter problems during the use of the boiler. You can contact EPCB Boiler at any time, EPCB can provide you with corresponding support.
Choose EPCB boiler, choose the most professional industrial steam boiler system and service
When there is a water shortage, the steps for calling water are: open the water level gauge discharge door, close the water level gauge steam connection door, and then slowly close the water discharge door. At this time, the pressure inside the water level gauge is slightly lower than the pressure inside the steam drum. If the water level only reaches the lower edge of the water connecting pipe, the water will be pressed into the water level gauge by the pressure inside the steam drum, causing the water level gauge to appear. If there is still no water level in the water level gauge, it means that the water level has been lower than the water connecting pipe, and you don’t know how low it is.
When the water is full, the steps for calling water are: open the water level gauge discharge door, close the water level gauge water connection door to flush the steam connection pipe and the water level gauge itself, and then slowly close the water discharge door. At this time, if there is a water level in the water level gauge, it means that the water level is only as high as the steam connecting pipe. If no level appears (the water level gauge is still full of water), it means the water level is higher than the steam connecting pipe, and you don’t know how high it is.
EPCB Horizontal Fire Tube Oil Gas Fired Steam Boiler
Capacity: 0.5~20T/h Pressure: 0.7MPa, 1.0MPa, 1.25MPa, 1.6MPa, 2.0MPa, 2.5MPa Fuel: Diesel, Natural Gas, LPG, Heavy Oil, Fuel Oil, Biogas, Coke Oven Gas, Methane Gas, etc.More
EPCB Industrial Gas Fired Hot Water Boiler Prices
Capacity: 0.7~14MW Pressure: 0.7~2.5MPa Fuel: Diesel, Light Oil, Heavy Oil, Natural Gas, LPG, CNG, LNG, Fuel Oil, Furnace Oil, Biogas, etc.More
EPCB Industrial Most Efficient Electric Steam Boiler
Capacity: 50~500kg/h Pressure: 0.4 MPa~0.7 MPa Application: Food Factory, Candy Factory, Knitting Mill,More
User: Candy plant Project site: Uzbekistan Rated steam capacity: 6T/h Rated working pressure: 1.25MPa Fuel: Natural gas
User: Paper mil Project region: Yangon, Myanmar Rated steam capacity: 4T/h Rated working pressure: 1.25MPa Fuel: Wood
User: Chemical Fiber Plant Project site: Manila, Philippines Rated steam capacity: 4 Ton/h Rated working pressure: 1.6MPA Fuel: Gas
Send You Inquiry
Give You Boiler Solution
Place The Order
Get Your Boiler